Pulsar Power is a leading engineering company active in the renewable energy industry who has recently expanded their activities into Greece. Pulsar Power provides state-of-the-art engineering, field and digitisation services for projects across Europe with a strong focus on grid integration of large scale renewable energy systems. To support the company’s further growth and expansion, Pulsar Power is looking for a grid engineer located in our office in Athens or in Thessaloniki. The objective of this function is an operational role whereas you will actively perform grid studies and optioneering studies as well as building digital twins.
Projects involve solar, wind, CHP, battery storage, and demand response.
Role and responsibilities
- Coordinate grid studies between the grid operator and the developer/investor.
- Identify and manage the technical requirements for grid supporting services and the impact thereof to the plant design.
- Perform grid studies in Digsilent Powerfactory®.
- You will create required scripts to optimise the works and processes.
- Close follow up and deep learning of the technical requirements of the energy market regarding ancillary services, imbalance, arbitrage, … to create the proper design for the given project.
- You will report to the local Grid Engineering Manager
- You hold a master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent by extensive experience.
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience in a similar role the field of distribution or transmission networks.
- Deep interest and passion about renewable energy projects connected to the medium- and high voltage grid
- You are familiar with practices in the field regarding electrical connections.
- Excellent knowledge of European electrical codes & standards as well as their implementation practices.
- Strong analytical mind and working experience.
- In-depth knowledge of RfG NC EU 2016/631.
- Good understanding of electrical behaviour of intermittent production sources such as wind, solar and/or other renewable sources.
- Knowledge of software and controls for grid operation & control.
- Good working experience with PowerFactory software.
- Experience with Matlab® is a plus.
- You are fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
What we offer
Don’t let your dream job slip away! Take the initiative and send us your job application today. By directly reaching out, you can showcase your skills and stand out from the crowd.